SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Tourney Game Threads - Scores

AZSIOUX

• Replies 993
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are not missing much the game is a little slow. Clarkson is getting the better of JBSU so far bu they can't finish. The attendence is pathetic! I have not seen any fans of either college yet. Looks like a bunch of fans of hockey in general.

Red Frog

I heard Proz has ESPNU. I would head up there and catch the game with Dickie P.

BD

Think I'm heading up there at intermission. I can't handle listening to this.

You are not missing much the game is a little slow. Clarkson is getting the better of JBSU so far bu they can't finish. The attendence is pathetic! I have not seen any fans of either college yet. Looks like a bunch of fans of hockey in general.

Red Frog

I heard Proz has ESPNU. I would head up there and catch the game with Dickie P.

BD

attendance for games like these always suck every year. clarkson playing decent

Attendence didn't suck in GF two years ago!!!

BD

different situation , this is clarkson and st cloud in albany :D that was my point and in 04 when i went to the springs it was awful as well with the sioux, du. thats why regionals in g forks, minny, sconnie are great for the ncaa as those teams are usually in the tourney and those places will pack the house

You'd think they may have worked on making sure they DON'T take penalties against the one-trick pony. :D

This guy is annoying too..."oohh you'll never get a better chance than that!"

5 seconds later...

"ooooohh you'll never get a better chance than that either!"

You'd think they may have worked on making sure they DON'T take penalties against the one-trick pony. :D

This guy is annoying too..."oohh you'll never get a better chance than that!"

5 seconds later...

"ooooohh you'll never get a better chance than that either!"

Now you know why I tried to listen to the Clarkson feed :D

The attendence is pathetic! I have not seen any fans of either college yet. Looks like a bunch of fans of hockey in general.

I think attendance at all regionals is hurt by one main factor: Economics.

College hockey is a niche sport. How many fans from Grand Forks or Princeton will pack up and go see a regional in Madison, WI, then turn around two weeks later and head to Denver? Most will hope their team makes the Frozen Four and make a trip. This isn't NCAA basketball where you stick a regional in nowhere-land and maybe people will come to see Kansas, Duke, or North Carolina...OF COURSE people will go see those teams play. The fan base is much bigger.

Travel costs aside, I think the NCAA needs to get back to schools playing host to other schools. You're #1, you get to host #16. You're #8, you get to host #9. Your team barely qualified for the tournament as #15, you don't get to host a regional, you go on the road.

Like I said, I know the travel costs is a big factor for the regionals but college hockey looks just sad playing in 10,000 or 12,000 seat venues and there are 1,000 fans in attendance.

Just wondering how large Nortons head is? I'm thinking it is a size 8 - 8 1/2 hat? Also, what happened to the ESPN anchor winner that worked at ESPNU? Did he finish his contract and they cut him loose?

BD

i was just thinking that :D every intermission is goes up a 1/8 of a size :D

mike hall update :D

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=41228

he is with the big 10 network now

different situation , this is clarkson and st cloud in albany :D that was my point and in 04 when i went to the springs it was awful as well with the sioux, du. thats why regionals in g forks, minny, sconnie are great for the ncaa as those teams are usually in the tourney and those places will pack the house

I agree. I was just being smart that maybe the NC$$ should pull their head out and award the Midwest and West Regionals for 2010 and 2011 like they have for the NE and East.

BD

(Bird Dog @ Mar 28 2008, 01:44 PM) Just wondering how large Nortons head is? I'm thinking it is a size 8 - 8 1/2 hat? Also, what happened to the ESPN anchor winner that worked at ESPNU? Did he finish his contract and they cut him loose?

BD

Mike something?

Think I saw him doing a Big Ten network hoops game a couple weeks back. ESPN must have thought better of that idea, as they haven't had that contest since.

Mike something?

Think I saw him doing a Big Ten network hoops game a couple weeks back. ESPN must have thought better of that idea, as they haven't had that contest since.

3 posts up i put a story link to mike hall, he is with the bog 10 network now

Off topic

Did anyone notice that the East and NE regional sites are the same for years 2008 and 2010 as well as 2009 and 2011? I attached the link below:

http://www.ncaa.com/icehockey-mens/default.aspx?id=9964

Seems odd that they would go back to the same sites so early and to do it two times makes no sense. And we can't get another one because we are "Hostile and Abusive." What a bunch of BS!!!! :D

BD