SiouxSports.com Forum

Weston Dressler

bincitysioux

... 10 catches for 130 yards and a TD.

That's really not the story.

In the first OT he made a key 20+ yard catch over the middle to get the drive deep into Montreal territory.

In the second OT he made another catch of about 20 yards to get it down to the 1 yard line. On the next play he caught the game-winning TD.

Those of us with it watched it on NFL Network in HD. :)

Unfortunately, Donovan Alexander got a lot of screen time too ... because Montreal's QB was throwing at him, and being relatively successful.

Tim Tibesar was there coaching Montreal's linebackers.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/167361/

I watched the game b/c I love football. Durant sucks, wow. It's the CFL, it is terrible announcing, terrible stadiums, stupid rules, it's Canada. WD should be playing over here, it's a shame, he needs to be in the NFL.

I watched the game b/c I love football. Durant sucks, wow. It's the CFL, it is terrible announcing, terrible stadiums, stupid rules, it's Canada. WD should be playing over here, it's a shame, he needs to be in the NFL.

Does anybody know if WD wants a shot at the NFL? Can he take the pounding he's pretty small.

I'd love to see him there. As far as the CFL goes it keeps your attention with the fast pace.

Fair enough. To each their own. Weston is enjoying his time up in Saskatchewan immesely and has been a fan favorite since arriving in Regina in 2008. We're lucky to have him.

Don't agree with your asessment of Durant sucking. He's got 733 yards passing and 6 TD passes in two games as well as 85 yards rushing and 2 TD runs. He's played very well.

By the way, BC's stadium is temporary for this season while BC Place gets a 400 million dollar facelift and retractable roof. Regina is currently negotiating a 450 million dollar retractable roof stadium downtown and Winnipeg will be starting construction of a new stadium shortly while a new stadium is in the works in Hamilton and possibly even Ottawa. Montreal also just finished an addition to Molson Stadium. No question some stadiums are outdated but that is about to change with world class facilites being built for CFL teams.

Anyhow, Weston had 3 receptions for 53 yards and 3 carries for 15 yards in the Riders 37-18 win at BC last night. He's currently 3rd in the CFL in Receiving with 12 receptions for 207 yards and a TD through 2 games.

Game Highlights - Saskatchewan @ BC

http://www.cfl.ca/video/index/id/12393?autostart=true

Fair enough. To each their own. Weston is enjoying his time up in Saskatchewan immesely and has been a fan favorite since arriving in Regina in 2008. We're lucky to have him.

Don't agree with your asessment of Durant sucking. He's got 733 yards passing and 6 TD passes in two games as well as 85 yards rushing and 2 TD runs. He's played very well.

By the way, BC's stadium is temporary for this season while BC Place gets a 400 million dollar facelift and retractable roof. Regina is currently negotiating a 450 million dollar retractable roof stadium downtown and Winnipeg will be starting construction of a new stadium shortly while a new stadium is in the works in Hamilton and possibly even Ottawa. Montreal also just finished an addition to Molson Stadium. No question some stadiums are outdated but that is about to change with world class facilites being built for CFL teams.

Anyhow, Weston had 3 receptions for 53 yards and 3 carries for 15 yards in the Riders 37-18 win at BC last night. He's currently 3rd in the CFL in Receiving with 12 receptions for 207 yards and a TD through 2 games.

Game Highlights - Saskatchewan @ BC

http://www.cfl.ca/video/index/id/12393?autostart=true

Forgive our Bison visitor. He hasn't seen well-played football in so long he no longer knows what it looks like.

Rider: Well stated. I, too, have been following the upgrades of the staduims. In additon Ottawa and Nova Scotia will more than likely be fielding teams in the near future. The CFL is just plain fun to watch and I'm very happy for Weston. I get a kick out of the message board to the south and how they bash the CFL for the simple reason that a former Sioux is a standout in that league. Yet, at the same time, they are all hyped up about some minor league summer basketball program.

• 4 weeks later...

Slow in posting in this thread since last Friday's game...

Weston had a monster game - 13 receptions for 169 yards and a TD in the Riders 30-26 loss at Montreal.

He is now 4th in the CFL in Receiving with 37 Receptions for 542 yards and 3 TD's through 6 games for the 4-2 Riders.

Riders vs. Montreal Hilights:

http://www.cfl.ca/video/index/id/13149?autostart=true

Saskatchewan hosts the BC Lions tomorrow night in Regina at 7pm.

• 1 month later...

That was fun to read. I wouldn't bet against Weston making it in the NFL. Weston thanks for all the great memories. I was at the game in Northern Iowa. There fans were asking where did you get all the fast white guys. Westons touchdown run at the end of that game stands out in my many memories of him. Good luck and go Sioux.

I was at that game, too; drove all the way from Kansas City for it. It's one of the most exciting college football games I've ever seen. I believe there were 4 lead changes in the last 5 minutes.

his top ten

It definitely makes me proud to see him doing so well and continuing to do everything he did at UND that kept us in awe of his talent all the time. Truly one of the greats and even though we have another great young receiver coming into his own (Hardin), he will never be replaced. Maybe it's the North Dakotan in me that really feels that way, but he was a joy to watch game in and game out. Hopefully someday I'll be able to head up to Saskatchewan and see him do his thing. Thanks for the post. Certainly appreciated.