SiouxSports.com Forum

Coming Home?

SooToo

Wow. Seems like a pretty big step down.

Perfect fit.....

At a school that sresses Academics vs Athletics (less pressure on recruiting), Closer to Home and Family, Closer to his Lake Home, Gets a chance to do what he loves.....Coach Basketball and help young men grow....

Wouldn't this path be similar to Dean Blais's for similar reasons.....?

Perfect fit.....

At a school that sresses Academics vs Athletics (less pressure on recruiting), Closer to Home and Family, Closer to his Lake Home, Gets a chance to do what he loves.....Coach Basketball and help young men grow....

Dean Blais is a hot commodity in his area of expertise. I don't know if the same can be said for Glas. At least now maybe Glas can get a few more cracks at some of the DAC-10 teams that he couldn't beat while at the helm of UND

Good for Rich Glas! He still wants to coach and for a guy with as many years in the game as he has, he is still a pretty young guy. I admit that I thought maybe it was time for Rich to leave UND, but I think that the people who forget his accomplishments and what he did for UND basketball and the UND athletic program overall should maybe reflect on his career a little bit.

Dave Gunther was in a similar position when Glas took over for him and he had also maybe gone a little stale at UND after many years, but he also still had a desire to coach and did so.

They both did alot for UND in developing great leaders on and off the court and should be remembered for doing so! Hopefully in 15 years we are talking about Jones in the same regard.

Dean Blais is a hot commodity in his area of expertise. I don't know if the same can be said for Glas. At least now maybe Glas can get a few more cracks at some of the DAC-10 teams that he couldn't beat while at the helm of UND

Thanks for your very insightful comment that added so much to this topic!!!!!

I have to admit I was surprised by all this. I originally was an admirer of Glas for what he was able to do at UND but then kind of turned stale due to his comments about NDSU going DI while he was still at UND. But I will be interested to see what he can do with the cobbers it should be interesting. It sounds like he's taking over with a team that's pretty well stocked for the future.

Perfect fit.....

Totally agree...................Perfect fit for coach and he'll do very well at Concordia. His wife would be a great fundraiser for that type of school also. They'll both be great assets to Concordia. :)

• 1 month later...

It sounded as if Coach Glas is really going to enjoy going back to Division III. He said that there is too much "babysitting" at DI and that many of the players aren't really there for the education. They are there just to showcase their talent to go to the next level, whether it is playing basketball in the NBA or in Europe.

Good luck Coach Glas. I hope you have a good season at Concordia.

• 9 months later...

Seckar-Anderson finishing great career at UW-Oshkosh

Good to see Dane had a fulfilling career. Interesting comments by him on DIII vs DII. A balance of personalities seems essential for a balanced team. When a mild-mannered coach has some decent players who were highly driven, the team chemistry seemed balanced. When a mild-mannered coach had great skilled players who have the same personality, team chemistry doesn't work.

Seckar-Anderson feels that other than a scholarship, he hasn't lost anything of value switching from a Division II to Division III, especially when it comes to working at his game.

"Training here is pretty much the same," Seckar-Anderson. "Coach is actually more intense than the coach in D-II was."