SiouxSports.com Forum

Women's Hockey

GeauxSioux

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sioux had a definitive 3-0 win on friday night.

SOG

UC 9

UND 43!

The ladies finished up the sweep today with another convincing 4-1 win.

An excellent effort. The webcast was much better than it has been in the past. Closeups, views of the bench, replays. Do not know what has changed but good job!

Big weekend coming up against Ohio State. Hope lots of fans come out to the games to cheer on the Sioux.

An excellent effort. The webcast was much better than it has been in the past. Closeups, views of the bench, replays. Do not know what has changed but good job!

Big weekend coming up against Ohio State. Hope lots of fans come out to the games to cheer on the Sioux.

My family and I will be there.Nice to see the good start by the women.Hope they can keep it up.

The Sioux women beat Ohio State this afternoon 4-2... they also had one goal overturned for unknown reasons.... shots were even at 30 a piece. Good game! I look forward to tomorrow's game

I was at the game also and I can't figure out why that goal was not allowed.Wish they would of showed the replay on the big screen.Team has improved considerably since I saw them play last year.This was only their 2nd win against Ohio St. in 17 games.

I was at the game also and I can't figure out why that goal was not allowed.Wish they would of showed the replay on the big screen.Team has improved considerably since I saw them play last year.This was only their 2nd win against Ohio St. in 17 games.

You couldn't tell from the replay. I was watching as the refs watched and the only things that they could have called was kicking, and I didn't see a kicking motion or girl in the crease and there was no girl in the crease.

The goal judge told us that it was overturned due to an inadvertent whistle. So basically the refs screwed up and because of that we lost a goal. So...5-2 in all reality and a great game for the girls!

[/quote/]

Thanks for the explanation.Hopefully they can get the sweep today unlike the men last nite.We will be there. :lol:

The goal judge told us that it was overturned due to an inadvertent whistle. So basically the refs screwed up and because of that we lost a goal. So...5-2 in all reality and a great game for the girls!

well that is dumb! I loved how the girl ref made the call, yet the male ref was the one who had to explain it to the coaches. She couldn't even explain her own stupid decision.

We had to leave the game early to get back to Jamestown.Looks like we missed an exciting ending.The girls are really fun to watch this year.The Weibe girl has a set of hands on her and she can make opponents look foolish.Here is to continued success to the program.

Congratulations to the Sioux for earning their first national ranking in program history.

The Sioux come in tied for 10th in this week's USCHO coaches poll.

Link

That is great news.Lets hope they can keep it going and possibly knock off one of the big schools like oh I don't know the RODENTS maybe. :lol:

Congratulations to the Sioux for earning their first national ranking in program history.

The Sioux come in tied for 10th in this week's USCHO coaches poll.

Link

Definately a big milestone for Coach Idalski and the ladies. Who ever would have thought that the Women's hockey team would be ranked higher than the Men's team?!?!

The ladies get this weekend off before taking on undefeated and #1 ranked Wisconsin. The Badgers are also off this weekend. This definately will be the toughest test that the ladies have had yet this year.

Great quote from Idalski on Brad's GFH page:

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

"I personally struggle with the fact that expectations were so low here that every time we come over a little hill, people get all giddy and expect me to jump for joy. I didn't come here to be 10th in the country." --Sioux women's coach Brian Idalski on his reaction to his team being ranked in the top 10 for the first time ever.