SiouxSports.com Forum

Women's Hockey

GeauxSioux

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was another Sioux connection to the National Tourn in PEI. Former Sioux player Devon Fingland recieved top honors for being the top defensive player for the tournament! Good to see that she is still lighting it up. Even though she isn't wearing our colors anymore, she was always one of my favorite players and still is!

• 1 month later...
I've heard a rumor that Emily Sell will be transferring out of UND after this semester....

Will be a lot of new faces on the team for the 2008-2009 season. Brian/Grant/Maria have recruited heavily to put their stamp on the team. Will be very interesting to see the on ice results. Wonder if the team will finish ahead of MSU/Bemidji/Ohio/St. Cloud in the standings.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Already planning a trip up to UMD and watching both the men and women in action. It would fun to see more double headers in the future.
It's always nice when both the men and womens teams are playing at the RALPH on the same weekend.Take my daughter to the Sat. afternoon game then to the mens game at nite.

• 2 weeks later...
I will be there Saturday as well with my posters in tow!

Just to note for anyone who is going, the game this Saturday will be in the Olympic Ice Rink due to the fact that there is no ice in the main arena. I guess Carrie Underwood doesn't like frozen feet or something...

Thanks for the heads up! I was kinda wondering how they were gonna tear down a rink, cover up ice, and build a stage all in about four hours.... so I guess the Olympic rink makes sense. Do you know if they want us to go in the Olympic enterance?

Not only does www.fightingsioux.com have Women's hockey for the splash page, they had this article about the start of women's hockey the other day.

Nice to see them supporting WH with the spalsh page plus they were advertising the game on the electronic billboard on Demers and Washington today. I hope that they continue to support the team and try to build up attendance throughout the year!!!

My dream is that they eventually get the UND/OSU game on the FSSN in the future. If they ad/push the fact that OSU is part of the WCHA for women's hockey I think they could draw some decent crowds. How many times a year does OSU come to the Dakotas for games of any sport? This would be a good game of any of the women's games to get on the FSSN. Advertising that OSU is part of the WCHA for women's hockey will just add to the WCHA. And if they could get this game on the FSSN, encourage the fans to sit on the west side to make the arena look fuller, and giving discounted tickets to girls hockey teams in the region to come to the game to help fill it up is only going to help.

Recruit: shoudl I go to SCSU, MSU, or UMD or go to UND where I can play in the Ralph, get X amount of games on TV and be a roll model to all of the girls in the state?

I will help pay to get women's hockey of the FSSN if that is what it takes!

Not only does www.fightingsioux.com have Women's hockey for the splash page, they had this article about the start of women's hockey the other day.

Nice to see them supporting WH with the spalsh page plus they were advertising the game on the electronic billboard on Demers and Washington today. I hope that they continue to support the team and try to build up attendance throughout the year!!!

My dream is that they eventually get the UND/OSU game on the FSSN in the future. If they ad/push the fact that OSU is part of the WCHA for women's hockey I think they could draw some decent crowds. How many times a year does OSU come to the Dakotas for games of any sport? This would be a good game of any of the women's games to get on the FSSN. Advertising that OSU is part of the WCHA for women's hockey will just add to the WCHA. And if they could get this game on the FSSN, encourage the fans to sit on the west side to make the arena look fuller, and giving discounted tickets to girls hockey teams in the region to come to the game to help fill it up is only going to help.

Recruit: shoudl I go to SCSU, MSU, or UMD or go to UND where I can play in the Ralph, get X amount of games on TV and be a roll model to all of the girls in the state?

I will help pay to get women's hockey of the FSSN if that is what it takes!

Not trying to knock women's hockey. but I hope you have some deep pockets my friend :silly:

Got back from the women's game a little bit ago. The crowd looked better than last year, but that was probably due to it being in the Olympic Rink and not the main rink. The girls played well, and got the 2-1 win. The Bisons didn't score untill 29 seconds left in the game! We looked like we were really fast this year. They had a "practice" shoot-out at the end, which we lost. It was nice to see though.

Got back from the women's game a little bit ago. The crowd looked better than last year, but that was probably due to it being in the Olympic Rink and not the main rink. The girls played well, and got the 2-1 win. The Bisons didn't score untill 29 seconds left in the game! We looked like we were really fast this year. They had a "practice" shoot-out at the end, which we lost. It was nice to see though.

Two in the box and the goalie pulled pretty hard to keep the Bisons off the score board.

A much faster and more skilled team. I know I will be watching them more this year if they

play as hard as they did today.

Two in the box and the goalie pulled pretty hard to keep the Bisons off the score board.

A much faster and more skilled team. I know I will be watching them more this year if they

play as hard as they did today.

That is good to here.We will be hitting a few games this year like we always do.