SiouxSports.com Forum

Stevenson signs with Sharks

MinnesotaNorthStar

USCHO.com reports that Minnesota State's Grant Stevenson has signed with the San Jose Sharks as a free agent.

I for one am glad that Stevenson signed and wish him the best of luck. I think that this has to hurt the Mavs quite a bit. Stevenson was one of their leading scorers this season. With the loss of Stevenson it will be interesting to see how the Mavs will respond, seeing how there is already a lack of depth on the team.

We lost Hale early so it is only fair that everyone else in the WCHA give up their best player early too.

Come on, MN.  Play nice ;-)

Here's who needs to leave, or has already left, by your theory...which I agree with :huh::D;)

Sioux: David Hale

MSU: Grant Stevenson

CC: Perter Sejna

Gophers: Thomas Vanek

Denver: Connor James

BADgers: Rene Bourque

Tech: Colin Murphy

Alaska: Ales Parez

SCCC: Matt Hendricks

Duluth: Junior Lessard

Edit - You must have looked long and hard for a worthy "departure" from AA. :D

Actually, for AA, Tech, and Wisco, I looked at their top scorer that was a Fr, So, or Jr...I really don't think that it matters if they stick around or not ;)

Did any one else see that 13 AA players will be suspended for 3-7 games? The NCAA is letting them spread it out so they can still play. They supposedly bought books that they didn't need for class. I didn't even know they could read!! ;):huh:

Yes, I am depressed tonight. Yes, the rest of the WCHA should be happy that he is gone. But if you knew the kind of money San Jose threw at him, you would get less comfortable about keeping your top players. He had told his teammates that he really wanted to come back to MSU next year to see where things would go, and that he would unless an NHL team offered insane money. They did. (Not MLB, NBA or NFL insane, but huge bucks.)

Yes, I am depressed tonight. Yes, the rest of the WCHA should be happy that he is gone. But if you knew the kind of money San Jose threw at him, you would get less comfortable about keeping your top players. He had told his teammates that he really wanted to come back to MSU next year to see where things would go, and that he would unless an NHL team offered insane money. They did. (Not MLB, NBA or NFL insane, but huge bucks.)

Money talks and BS walks. :D Considering what the Devs offered David Hale, who was out much of the season but a first rounder, I would not be surprised to see other top talent from the college ranks scream "Show me the money!" and then forget what they've said about staying for a Title, their senior year, their degree, etc. I don't recall any recent college players after a great season or Title win saying, "Screw this noise, I'm outta here on the next bus." Well, maybe Roche ... :huh:

Time-value of money, people. Time-value of money. ;)

You can take MN off your list, a player has left the team. Next!

:huh:;)

That doesn't count... Your going to have to take a bigger hit than that. :D Give up Vanek or Potulny and then come talking to us about losses. Loosing a freshman that has been out all year doesnt count. ;)

Potulny...OH HELL NO!! The man deserves to be there Senior Night to hear 10 thousand fans cheer him on! Seriously Senior Night will suck that night...so many faces saying goodbye ;)

Vanek...I will up the odds to 50/50 just for you! I hope that helps :D

How about we just give you Smieja...he can be added to your 12 goalies already and knowing Blais he will actually play :huh:

Smieja doesn't count either...He has to your best player (game player...don't give me the "He's the best in practice crap.")

So who is it?...we're waiting....... :D

Welch isn't the best...when will you goophers play nice ;)

You guys are just gonna start naming players starting at the bottom aren't you?...Ha, I'm too smart for you guys ;)

Didn't anyone warn Handy and Greyeagle that for every 10 days that go by without their "numero uno" bolting for the door costs them another player? :D:huh:;)

I think they're up to Vanek and Paul Martin by now. Come the first of May and no movement you can add Ballard to that list! ;)

Didn't anyone warn Handy and Greyeagle that for every 10 days that go by without their "numero uno" bolting for the door costs them another player? :D:huh:;)

I think they're up to Vanek and Paul Martin by now. Come the first of May and no movement you can add Ballard to that list! ;)

actually it's cost them Vanek and Ballard...Paul Martin will be gone after next year, due to Hale signing with the Devils already (shows who they wanted first :p )...Potulny will be the next to go ;)

And Greyeagle...the sandbox is not empty, there are still toys in it that belong to the Gophers