SiouxSports.com Forum

What-if Calculator

Sioux-per Villain

I have a question regarding tie-breakers.

I ran the what-if, and ended up with the Sioux in a three way 39 point tie with CC and DU.

Since we split every series, how do they break the tie? Points scored head to head?

I don't believe it changed since this: WCHA tie-breakers outline

Basically:

Head to head

Conference wins

Goals against (head to head only)

WCHA goals for - goals against differential

i have us winning the thing ;) sweet!

seriously i had und and cc winning it doing it 2 slightly different ways. du 3rd either way. a split this weekend with du and minny is fine for the sioux. i would put my money down on the gophs getting 1 point and du 3 though :angry: the key series is 2 weeks when mr belding errr, i mean gwoz the dasher dancer brings the "what the hell is that logo on their jerseys and helmets" hockey team to the ralph

CC 28 40

UND 28 38

Denver 28 36

UW 28 29

Mankato 28 28

UMD 28 26

MTech 28 24

UMN 28 23

SCSU 28 22

AA 28 14

Here is my What if...

whatever we end up doing in the wcha then cc would have to lose 2 games then we would be co-champs. i dont see cc losing 3 games with only a handful left. a share could happen but 2nd is probably more realistic.

whatever we end up doing in the wcha then cc would have to lose 2 games then we would be co-champs. i dont see cc losing 3 games with only a handful left. a share could happen but 2nd is probably more realistic.

It is possible but unlikely. We still have to go to Duluth and they are going to be hard to sweep in the DEC.

I think UND would have to sweep out to do it. Seems unlikely being that the WCHA is so tough this season.

Possible but unlikely and I am not going to say it can't happen either.

I have CC winnng it with UND/DEN tying for second. This leaves us with first round versus SCSU.

(we would win the 3rd tiebreaker in my scenario.)

CC 28 42

UND 28 37

Denver 28 37

UMD 28 28

UW 28 28

Mankato 28 26

MTech 28 24

UMN 28 23

SCSU 28 20

AA 28 15

WCHA Final

Team GP Pts

CC 28 41

UND 28 39

Denver 28 37

UMD 28 30

UW 28 28

Mankato 28 28

SCSU 28 23

UMN 28 21

MTech 28 18

AA 28 15

the only way we share the title which would still be sweet is if we sweep out and cc loses 2 games. could happen! keep it rolling. i say we end up 2nd like the standings shown

UND 28 41

CC 28 40

Denver 28 33

UW 28 28

UMD 28 27

Mankato 28 27

MTech 28 24

SCSU 28 23

UMN 28 19

AA 28 18

We win when I did it and to top it off, only UMD from the state of hockey will play at the Xcel Energy Center in March along with of course UND,CC,Denver,UW

UND 28 41

CC 28 40

Denver 28 33

UW 28 28

UMD 28 27

Mankato 28 27

MTech 28 24

SCSU 28 23

UMN 28 19

AA 28 18

We win when I did it and to top it off, only UMD from the state of hockey will play at the Xcel Energy Center in March along with of course UND,CC,Denver,UW

assuming all 5 win their home playoff series right :silly: thats not happening, the top 3 will adavance more than likely but the 4 and 5 can easliy get knocked off

assuming all 5 win their home playoff series right :silly: thats not happening, the top 3 will adavance more than likely but the 4 and 5 can easliy get knocked off

The sioux need to take care of DU, not only for WCHA, but for a #1 seed. if that happens I like them to win out. They always play well in Duluth and SCCC at home is very winnable.

I do think that they have a chance at winning the WCHA because I think MSU may steal a game at CC (a month ago I would not have liked their chances). Then they finish up with a home and home with DU, so I could see them losing the 4 points to come back to UND. For this to happen though, UND needs 4 from DU at home and a stick salute.

Ok, here's the scenario.

Final night of the regular season, March 8th. Sioux just got done sweeping St. Cloud and currently have a 1 point lead over CC for the McNaughton. CC is in the 2nd intermission of their game with DU, tied at 2.

Now the question, would the Ralph find a way to broadcast the rest of the CC/DU game to the fans after the Sioux game? Keeping the fans in the Ralph to watch the game in hopes that CC loses for a huge celebration would be cool. Just wondering if it is something that the Ralph would even be able to do.

The MacNaughton is still mathematically possible, if still pretty unlikely. We need CC to struggle so we can make up 4 points across 6 games:

UND wins the MacNaughton scenario

I think the best situation for us in the NCAA's is for CC and us to be #1 seeds. This keeps us out of Colo Springs, where the Tigers have been tough to beat. Also, if Mich keeps winning, they are likely to be the overall #1 seed in Mad-town.

The scenario I would like is us to be #4 seed overall/Miami #5.

Gophers lose no more games, god I'm a homer, love it, 4th in the conference!

CC 28 43

UND 28 38

Denver 28 35

UMN 28 29

UW 28 29

UMD 28 26

Mankato 28 25

SCSU 28 24

MTech 28 20

AA 28 11

1 point weekends wont cut it my friend and you have 1 player that can score but even he cant score in wheeler :D at least you cant lose this weekend :D