SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Gophers, Saturday Night Game Thread

dagies

i think the gophs have been desperate for a month now so i dont think that will be a factor. they simply arent that good and cant score to save anyones life. they are who they are. a crappy offensive team with young D and a very good freshman goalie

FINISH THEM DANIEL SON

karate_kid.jpg

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most frustrating thing to watch is all that passing, wheeling around, and 'setting up the shot' BEHIND our own net. I don't know how many times I yelled, 'JUST SHOOT THE F'in PUCK!!'. The hinges on the doggy door are loose because my 70 pound mutt kept slamming out of here because I'm screaming at the television set. :(:lol:

*poor thing did get some extra doggy treats and petting after the game*

Just for a little extra jump and insurance, let's break out the black swifts. :(

Absolutely!!

i love watching the sioux in the swifts, they look great and i too believe it gives them a little more jump in their stride.

We need to see the sioux come out firing right from the drop of the puck. no waiting untill the 2nd or 3rd to get going.

INTENSITY should be HIGH and i want to see a few BIG hits early in the game so the sioux set the tone for the rest of the game.

Prediction: --> SIOUX SWEEP

Absolutely!!

i love watching the sioux in the swifts, they look great and i too believe it gives them a little more jump in their stride.

We need to see the sioux come out firing right from the drop of the puck. no waiting untill the 2nd or 3rd to get going.

INTENSITY should be HIGH and i want to see a few BIG hits early in the game so the sioux set the tone for the rest of the game.

Is he saving them for the playoff run? I say the black traditionals.

Absolutely!!

im with people on wanting the swifts but to say it gives them a jump in kind of funny if you really think about it. no offense at all ausie, just saying :lol:

I dont think so, the playoffs are still a while away and this series is to important, in terms of pride against their bigest rival, to save them for the playoffs.

i dont think the sioux will EVER save them selves when playing a gopher series.

they are jerseys and im sure hak has the say on if they want to wear them. heck, the team may not like the feel that much in them. we dont know. i thought we wore them this season though already

im with people on wanting the swifts but to say it gives them a jump in kind of funny if you really think about it. no offense at all ausie, just saying :D

No thats sweet, i just think that every time they wear them it seems as though they have a little more jump than normally (maybe its just in my head??? not theirs :( )

St. Cloud was the first Sat night road win that we didn't wear the blacks. Prior to that it was Green on Friday (lose) - Black on Sat (win). I just want the extra insurance.

dont think we have wore the blacks more than 1 or 2 times this season if that. its been green. whatever...it doesnt matter what damn jerseys they wear :( just score more goals than the other team and that helps :D

I just hope we quit making the sweet pass from the guy with a good shooting angle to the guy with the bad shooting angle....and just shoot the puck.

Absolutely! Pucks on net! Ugly goals count too...so get 'em in front and knock 'em in!

Pretty passes are nice, but I'll take two ugly goals for five pretty passes any day.

GO SIOUX!!!!!!

Absolutely! Pucks on net! Ugly goals count too...so get 'em in front and knock 'em in!

Pretty passes are nice, but I'll take two ugly goals for five pretty passes any day.

GO SIOUX!!!!!!

They should just do this and have the best of both worlds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_j9uudlDaY

But given the option, I'll take the goals over the passes.

Sioux keys to the game:

1. Strong forecheck. Show 'em their face in the glass!

2. Pucks on net. Good things happen when you TAKE THE SHOT!!

3. Win the faceoffs, control the game.

4. Jean Phillipe

Aren't these the understatement of the year so far! Pass the puck to the guys in the same color of jersey and shoot the puck.