We had a great time in Ithaca and at the games at Cornell. Overall the Cornell fans were great with some of them being almost in awe that North Dakota came out there to play. These were the most common questions/comments made by other fans:
1. Did you drive all the way from North Dakota?
2. Your uniforms are really green. "Wow, they are so green!"
3. North Dakota is wearing different uniforms tonight! (Comment made in the 2nd period of Saturday night's game.)
4. What is your team's ranking? To which we replied with our national poll ranking, our Pairwise ranking, and our WCHA ranking. (After which, the woman from Cornell left glossy-eyed).
5. Do fans back where you live have funny chants like we do?
6. Our arena seats 4000+. Does your arena have that many?
7. We live in Framingham, MA, and it's funny. No one knows anything about North Dakota there.
8. Have you ever seen the movie "Fargo"?
And for the Cornell fan that complained about the referees all night and yelled "You moron!" when Gregoire scored the empty net goal......GET OVER IT!!!!!!!
Let's Go Sioux!!