SiouxSports.com Forum

Fargo team DQ'ed from junior gold state tourney

sprig

Interesting DQ of the Fargo Freeze team from last weekend's junior gold state tourney in Crosby. I'm not now part of the jg program, once was when my kids were still involved, and had frequent problems with Fargo teams/coaches.

The Fargo team had finished 9th this year (9 jg teams) and faced Minot (#8) in the play in game. Fargo won the game 9-0, one kid scored 5 of the goals. Shortly after the game tourney officials DQ'ed the Fargo team for using an ineligible player. Turns out the goal scorer had played for a Fargo HS team, had either left or been kicked off the team. and was then illegally rostered under a different name for junior gold. Obviously coaches/some-maybe all parents/ etc from Fargo knew what was going on.

At any rate, someone recognized the player, and they had to leave the tournament Getting DQ'ed couldn't happen to a better bunch. Hardly fair to the rest of the Fargo players and their parents, but, when you cheat and get caught, you're done.

Interesting DQ of the Fargo Freeze team from last weekend's junior gold state tourney in Crosby. I'm not now part of the jg program, once was when my kids were still involved, and had frequent problems with Fargo teams/coaches.

The Fargo team had finished 9th this year (9 jg teams) and faced Minot (#8) in the play in game. Fargo won the game 9-0, one kid scored 5 of the goals. Shortly after the game tourney officials DQ'ed the Fargo team for using an ineligible player. Turns out the goal scorer had played for a Fargo HS team, had either left or been kicked off the team. and was then illegally rostered under a different name for junior gold. Obviously coaches/some-maybe all parents/ etc from Fargo knew what was going on.

At any rate, someone recognized the player, and they had to leave the tournament Getting DQ'ed couldn't happen to a better bunch. Hardly fair to the rest of the Fargo players and their parents, but, when you cheat and get caught, you're done.

What a great example to set for your kids. Honestly this doesn't surprise me considering the city.

I heard they beat Minot 5-3 (illegal player scored all five goals). Then played the number one team and eventual state champions and only lost 6-5 (illegal player scored four goals). This created a stir and eventually Fargo got dq'd.

Sad day when that crap happens. Kid played at Davies, and is actually listed on their roster on ndhighschoolhockey.com

What a great example to set for your kids. Honestly this doesn't surprise me considering the city.

They went to the Gene Taylor School of Situational Ethics? Win at all costs and you can probably get away with it. Junior Gold doesn't have many fans so the attorney general doesn't take notice of votes.

They went to the Gene Taylor School of Situational Ethics? Win at all costs and you can probably get away with it. Junior Gold doesn't have many fans so the attorney general doesn't take notice of votes.

You'd think if you were the illegal player you would perhaps fly under the radar, and not make too much of an impact. Instead you nearly beat the number one team in the state by yourself......wonder if anyone will notice.

You'd think if you were the illegal player you would perhaps fly under the radar, and not make too much of an impact. Instead you nearly beat the number one team in the state by yourself......wonder if anyone will notice.

Come on now would you get off this boy's back? "He's been through enough"!!!

I heard they beat Minot 5-3 (illegal player scored all five goals). Then played the number one team and eventual state champions and only lost 6-5 (illegal player scored four goals). This created a stir and eventually Fargo got dq'd.

Sad day when that crap happens. Kid played at Davies, and is actually listed on their roster on ndhighschoolhockey.com

That may be accurate, scores, etc. I heard it third hand, so the scores, when the dq occured may not have been accurate.

The Fargo team had finished 9th this year (9 jg teams) and faced Minot (#8) in the play in game. Fargo won the game 9-0, one kid scored 5 of the goals. Shortly after the game tourney officials DQ'ed the Fargo team for using an ineligible player. Turns out the goal scorer had played goalie for Minot High School about 10-15 years ago and then was then illegally rostered under a different name for junior gold. Obviously coaches/some-maybe all parents/ etc from Fargo knew what was going on.

Sheesh, Wilbur, I've lost all respect for you now.

I think this goes to a bigger problem cause it seems like Fargo teams have just got to the point that they have an above the law or better than everyone else attitude. This weekend at the Girls 12U state tournament the Fargo A teams coach was tossed in the semi-final game for bitching the entire game, at the time of his getting tossed towards the end of the 3rd, Fargo was up 6 to 0. Nice class coach Mitch Hanson!!

Could you over generalize anymore then you have? I find it hilarious when people assume an entire city of over 100+ are jerks and bend the rules because a select few in the city do. They take a personal, old rivalry from peewees and make it about the entire city.

I think this goes to a bigger problem cause it seems like Fargo teams have just got to the point that they have an above the law or better than everyone else attitude.

Being a proud citizen of Fargo I'll address the "above the law" part first...we here in Fargo take our moral stance and directive on the law and what's above it or below from the honorable Gene Taylor. As far as the "better than everyone else attitude"...well let's just say I'm kind of a big deal!!! ;):lol:

• Upvote 1

A junior gold parent from Watford City told me that they had to really watch the rosters on the Fargo teams as there would be players on the list that were not at the game or added after the game. These players were on the high school team and played junior gold after the HS state tournament. The Fargo teams would be beatable all year and untouchable in the tournaments until the league caught on to their shenanigans. I guess they elevated their game.

I suspect the Devils Lake team in Bantam A-2 did the same thing this weekend. 2-18 on the season and come in and kick butt.

They are going to have to require photo IDs pretty soon.

A junior gold parent from Watford City told me that they had to really watch the rosters on the Fargo teams as there would be players on the list that were not at the game or added after the game. These players were on the high school team and played junior gold after the HS state tournament. The Fargo teams would be beatable all year and untouchable in the tournaments until the league caught on to their shenanigans. I guess they elevated their game.

I suspect the Devils Lake team in Bantam A-2 did the same thing this weekend. 2-18 on the season and come in and kick butt.

They are going to have to require photo IDs pretty soon.

DL kicked butt until the second period of the A2 championship game.....