SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ NOTRE DAME - Friday

AZSIOUX

Great road win. But once again the officiating is embarrassing. Simpson gets boarded twice but no calls...2nd one shoulda been a 5 and gone. Then Mac gets an interfence call after Simpson gets rocked. Pathetic. Screw the Irish on the quick whistle and no goal. Go USC!! In Clark we trust!

I will still say we played pretty sloppy, got some terrible calls against us, MacWilliam played below average and we (again) played terrible in our own zone....however I think we found our goalie! Big win for the pairwise tonight.

Great road win. But once again the officiating is embarrassing. Simpson gets boarded twice but no calls...2nd one shoulda been a 5 and gone. Then Mac gets an interfence call after Simpson gets rocked. Pathetic. Screw the Irish on the quick whistle and no goal. Go USC!! In Clark we trust!

Agree with everything you wrote.

the weak call with 3 minutes to go in the game really stunk of home cooking...

I felt that we were outplayed for most of the game, however we had equal numbers of good looks.

worst case now we split- from PWR perspective, you take splits against BU and ND. The Alaska game still hurts, but we are sitting pretty good.

Definitely some messy play but hell of a win! Saunders was as solid as it get first couple periods. We played a nice third period! Great move by Danny. That's a very tough shot off the back hand at that angle. Hak said he was amazed. Mattson realized defender didn't have a stick and sniped it. Nice play

Kristo4hobey

Sweep da Irish!!!

Never a handshake after Friday tilt. At least in the WCHA play. Notre Dame played in Grand Forks last year, so it can't be a total shock to them that UND was following their normal protocol with the hand shake.

Thoughts:

~Saunders has to be in again tomorrow.

~Third period was the best period of the night. First two weren't pretty.

~Gleason was better, but still turns the puck over way too much on simple plays. Was a good penalty killer out there.

Did not see the replay, but I'll buy the reff meant to blow his whistle. North Dakota will take that bounce.

ND 36

UND 17

Have to take the win but also have to shore up in our own zone...it has been awful all year.

Good win. Call me crazy, but I didn't think the play was terrible in our own zone. They gave up a lot of shots, but they kept the puck on the perimeter pretty well, and many of those shots were easy saves. Not to say Saunders didn't play extemely well--he did. But they played as well in the D zone as they did in the O zone, where they had very little extended possession. Kristo is really playing well in all phases of the game, including PK. I like that Mac is usually good for a few good hits, but the guy takes too many penalties that have nothing to do with big hits. But they got it done against a good team in their own rink--that's about all you can ask of them.

We are not being very effective at executing the cycle. We are also not transitioning up the ice with numbers and speed. That said, we are getting some decent looks based on great individual talent, and we are converting on a bunch of those looks.

Saunders continues his sick play.

Not sure whats bugging Rocco, but he'll break out of it.

Knighter is just snakebit.

Danny is having his best season yet- should be 20 and 30 minimum- that move was ridiculous