SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 early look

UND92,96

I believe he could play in pain if he had to with it wrapped up just right, correct?

He could. I've had the same injury and didn't get it checked out until a week after it happened and played a few games on it. He would probably have to wear a big soccer shin guard on it and wouldnt be too mobile but could make it happen. If it were to get hit again he would be in excruciating pain. Thankfully it happened early enough so he can heal and be ready for the conference schedule.

If he breaks his fibula again he will be out for 2-3 more weeks not the whole year. I cant think of a bone that is less of a big deal to break.

Usually you hear a broken leg you think months or a seaon gone. Only a few weeks if it gets broken again? I am not in the medical field but can you throw on a broken fibula (meaning planting his foot).

Usually you hear a broken leg you think months or a seaon gone. Only a few weeks if it gets broken again? I am not in the medical field but can you throw on a broken fibula (meaning planting his foot).

His deep pass to Hardin down opponent sideline was the play after breaking the leg I think. A bit underthrown, but still a good throw for chucking it over a broken fibula and not knowing exactly what was wrong at the time.

His deep pass to Hardin down opponent sideline was the play after breaking the leg I think. A bit underthrown, but still a good throw for chucking it over a broken fibula and not knowing exactly what was wrong at the time.

If it was the play after the broken leg then thats a good sign that he can still plant his foot and throw deep....was it his planting leg that broke?

They did mention that it was his non-planting leg at the time.

Maybe if they wrap it good enough, tell the O-Line to block like a mother, and give Hanson some painkillers....start him this Saturday. :) (seriously I hope Hendrickson can do against PSU what he did against Mines).

Maybe if they wrap it good enough, tell the O-Line to block like a mother, and give Hanson some painkillers....start him this Saturday. :)(seriously I hope Hendrickson can do against PSU what he did against Mines).

I'll be satisfied with +53% completion, 180+ yards, and no more than 1 INT. That, no big plays allowed on D, and run the ball like normal and I think we get the W.

• Upvote 1

Rewatching the game on the DVR right now. Hanson was very clearly hobbled on that throw to Hardin. Should've been an easy touchdown. What I didn't realize is that he finished out the drive and took a sack before leaving the game. Hopefully that doesn't mean he injured his leg further by playing on it. But it could also mean a quick recovery time and that he'll be back for the Big Sky season.

I just got some free tickets to the CU vs. Sac game this Saturday so I am really going to see Sac St. CU is a pretty a bad FBS team this year so it could offer some good insight as to what sort of competition we will see on 9/22. I will be sure to post anything notable that I see. Also if there are any Sac St players that I should watch for let me know.

Wow apparently Joe Schobert played in Wisconsin's game against UNI. He was the only true freshamn to play in it. Wow do I wish he would have came here!

Schobert made the Wisconsin travel squad, too. I'm watching Wisconsin at Oregon St. right now and he is on the punt return team.