SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 early look

UND92,96

If they pick an acdc song for our intro I will be pissed

Hey man it ain't that bad; actually, ACDC is pretty darn good for an entrance and considering the new black jerseys, "Back in Black" will be perfect. I know one thing, ACDC is a heck of a lot better than Nickelback (which they were playing)!!

So what is everybody's guess for the jerseys the team will be wearing? Will they bring out the black for opening night? Or will they save them for the Montana "blackout" game?

Jayson Hajdu@UNDSID

Coach Mussman at the UND Booster Fan Luncheon, on the new uniforms: "Spoiler alert -- you're going to see them tomorrow night."

Jayson Hajdu@UNDSID

Coach Mussman at the UND Booster Fan Luncheon, on the new uniforms: "Spoiler alert -- you're going to see them tomorrow night."

Hmmm...I think I will guess the black jerseys!!! Well, then it would not surprise me if the intro was "Back in Black"!! I wonder if they were going to save them but the players pushed for it to wear them tomorrow!!

What color pants will they wear? I know we are having the "blackout" game against Montana where we will wear the black pants. Curious to see what they wear tommorrow.

My guess is we see the all blacks tomorrow night. The Blackout will be a campaign to have all fans wear black...at least that's my guess.

It’s important to appeal to the fans, especially the student body, early and often in this season opener. Why may you ask; because initial impression is everything. For instance, last year’s first game (a game against Drake- certainly not a better matchup than the S. Dakota game) drew the second largest crowd of the season. It was on a Thursday night and a home opener – just like this year. If you appeal to the students early, they will likely continue to come. That includes great tailgating, great entrance, and a great showing (including jerseys). Last year, so many students noticed the mediocre-at-best atmosphere during the first game, and left before the game was even over and never came back for another game.

There will be near 10,000 (if not over) at the game tomorrow due to the hype, marketing campaign, and just plainly nothing else to do on a Thursday night, so the team and UND marketing department should do everything they can to appeal to the initial, first game crowd and get them to come back every week!!

So I say let's see those new black jerseys right away; love this decision!

• Upvote 3

It’s important to appeal to the fans, especially the student body, early and often in this season opener. Why may you ask; because initial impression is everything. For instance, last year’s first game (a game against Drake- certainly not a better matchup than the S. Dakota game) drew the second largest crowd of the season. It was on a Thursday night and a home opener – just like this year. If you appeal to the students early, they will likely continue to come. That includes great tailgating, great entrance, and a great showing (including jerseys). Last year, so many students noticed the mediocre-at-best atmosphere during the first game, and left before the game was even over and never came back for another game.

There will be near 10,000 (if not over) at the game tomorrow due to the hype, marketing campaign, and just plainly nothing else to do on a Thursday night, so the team and UND marketing department should do everything they can to appeal to the initial, first game crowd and get them to come back every week!!

So I say let's see those new black jerseys right away; love this decision!

I agree. The uniforms will be fun. I don't care much, but if it amps up the players, the students, and the younger (louder) crowd I'm all for it. As a connoisseur of 1980's anthem rock in addition to being an afficianado of college football, I have to say that I feel that if we are going to watch the team run out during an AC/DC song, I think "Hells Bells" would be a better choice than "Back in Black" despite the switch to black uniforms. "Back in Black" is a great groove, but can you imagine how awsome it would be for the Alerus to go pitch black, fill with smoke, and then hear the bell ring prior to "Hells Bells" start to play, for about 30 seconds before the team runs out of the helmet? That would be great. I can't believe they didn't consult me on this..........................................

At any rate, I'm looking forward to tomorrow night. As far as the hype-stuff/jumbo-tron material goes, I just hope it is not as cheesy with the player participation as it has been the last two years.

• Upvote 4

this applies to the previous 3-4 years as well. New students show up, get bored, and tune out for 4 years by the end of the 3rd quarter. Not having that happen again would be a nice step, but i'll believe it when I see it. Hopefully i can make at least some of the game tonight, it barely fits in between class and work.

Just saw on twitter than Dom Izzo picked UND to go 4-7 this year.

not entirely unreasonable. UND will only be a clear favorite in two games (tonight and UNC), and a clear underdog in at least 3 (sdsu, ewu, msu). I with be pleased with 6-5.

Braden Hanson says he pumped to be here and play. That speaks well of the football program.

Because a QB is going to say, "Nah, I'm not excited. Honestly, I just saw this was my opportunity to actually get to play." He probably is excited, but I don't know what that says about any program.