SiouxSports.com Forum

Big Sky Champion

Dagger

How is the Big Sky football champion going to be determined since schools don't play everybody else?

I'd imagine the same way the B1G was determining their champion until last year? You know, whoever has the best conference record? The way every conference that doesn't have 2 divisions settles it.

Nothing has been announced yet regarding the tie breaker formula.

My guess is it'll go something like this:

• Team with best conference record wins out-right
  • If two teams tie with best record and they played each other whoever won the head-to-head wins
  • If two teams tie with best record and have not played it'll go to record against common opponents
  • If it is a push regarding common oppononents, whoever has the higher Gridiron Power Index will get the AQ

Pure speculation, but the best I can come up with.....................

Nothing has been announced yet regarding the tie breaker formula.

My guess is it'll go something like this:

• Team with best conference record wins out-right
  • If two teams tie with best record and they played each other whoever won the head-to-head wins
  • If two teams tie with best record and have not played it'll go to record against common opponents
  • If it is a push regarding common oppononents, whoever has the higher Gridiron Power Index will get the AQ

Pure speculation, but the best I can come up with.....................

Not too long after UND announced the Big Sky the conference came out with the new conference schedules. There was an article on the BSC website and in the GF Herald explaining the rivals and conference champion formula. I do not remember the specifics but your explanation it definitely pointed in the right direction. Check the archives on those sites if you want to know exactly.