SiouxSports.com Forum

Murray Dismissed

UND1983

Sure takes a position w/ good talent & makes it pretty thin in a hurry.

Sutton, Miller obviously will handle the load. & hopefully Breon Bulter or another younger guy is ready to step up.

Was it an academic problem again or something else???

It sucks to see talented players leave due to issues like this (Bamba, Chappell, Murray, etc) but gotta respect the coaching staff for keeping a short-leash on them & make every effort to run a clean program. It's a privilege to play Fighting Sioux football, not a right.

This stinks. We do have an awful lot of young rb's. I guess it's a bit of a blessing in disguise that we have one more year of play in the GWFC. Hopefully we are able to use this season as a stepping stone and get alot of reps in for all of the younger guys at all positions. How many Seniors does UND have back on both sides of the ball?

I asked Coach Mussman in the live chat yesterday about the possibility of red-shirting Jake Miller in 2011. Guessing that option is no longer realistic.

I asked 2-3 times yesterday (to different coaches) if all players from last fall's roster were back in school this semester. Now I understand why I didn't get an answer. I hope Murray is the only one not back!

This stinks. We do have an awful lot of young rb's. I guess it's a bit of a blessing in disguise that we have one more year of play in the GWFC. Hopefully we are able to use this season as a stepping stone and get alot of reps in for all of the younger guys at all positions. How many Seniors does UND have back on both sides of the ball?

Agree with this wholeheartedly. UND needs to get experienced quickly at a number of positions -- and you can add RB now -- and the abysmal 2011 schedule may be just what's needed. Interesting to see if Garman will play as a true freshman.

On another note, I caught the news today when I tuned in briefly -- first time in months -- to the noon sports show on 740 in Fargo. Don't know who the host was. Unfortunately, he announced the hour would be "wall to wall" NDSU pimping but interrupted the schedule to "break the news" of Murray's dismissal at UND -- all in a celebratory tone and repleat with sound effects. Heard a little of McFeeley yesterday on 790 as well, ranting about the Douple story and asking why Grand Forks media wasn't digging up the details of Kristo's injury. He went on to broadly infer, on the air, that Kristo was drunk. What a vindictive, classless organization Radio Fargo-Moorhead seems to have become ... but maybe its a stipulation of the contract with the AC.

Agree with this wholeheartedly. UND needs to get experienced quickly at a number of positions -- and you can add RB now -- and the abysmal 2011 schedule may be just what's needed. Interesting to see if Garman will play as a true freshman.

with our 2011 schedule I would Redshirt all true freshmen. No reason to take a play-off eligible year away from a player.

• Upvote 1

with our 2011 schedule I would Redshirt all true freshmen. No reason to take a play-off eligible year away from a player.

Very good point, although I expect -- based at least on some of his comments yesterday -- that Mussman will be under considerable pressure to show improvement in wins and losses.

On another note, I caught the news today when I tuned in briefly -- first time in months -- to the noon sports show on 740 in Fargo. Don't know who the host was. Unfortunately, he announced the hour would be "wall to wall" NDSU pimping but interrupted the schedule to "break the news" of Murray's dismissal at UND -- all in a celebratory tone and repleat with sound effects. Heard a little of McFeeley yesterday on 790 as well, ranting about the Douple story and asking why Grand Forks media wasn't digging up the details of Kristo's injury. He went on to broadly infer, on the air, that Kristo was drunk. What a vindictive, classless organization Radio Fargo-Moorhead seems to have become ... but maybe its a stipulation of the contract with the AC.

I agree with you. He is criticizing the Grand Forks media for not doing more research on the Kristo story when at the same time they ran with a story putting down Faison and President Kelly on the word of Douple against Faison and Kelly without doing any research to verify their story. The Fargo media is something else. Mc feeley should think a little more before he says stuff. He gets himself into a corner once in a while.

Very good point, although I expect -- based at least on some of his comments yesterday -- that Mussman will be under considerable pressure to show improvement in wins and losses.

I hope that pressure won't cost a kid a year of play-off eligibility. I still think that it is crazy that Miller had his shirt pulled for the limited time on the field he saw.