SiouxSports.com Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. NORTH DAKOTA @ DU - SATURDAY Gameday

The Smith penalty was enough for NCHC to take a look at it’s officials. Add on Monty’s influence to both that penalty and the disallowed goal, they should reprimand Monty too! The worst part of Monty’s weekend is that he brought back a player who was obviously still injured and exposed him to further injury! We all assume that UND has been too cautious when our players are injured, they are never allowed on the ice in game situation until 100%! If I was a parent or friend of a future DU recruit or player I would be outraged that a coach would do that to a player on his team.
  3. Today
  4. New AD posting and hiring process

So a target time is the middle of January with three finalists. Dec 3 is the final application date. http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/4362842-ad-committee-discusses-candidates-first-time
  5. 2017-18 Season

Presume that opens up a scholarship.
  6. Official UND Football Regime Change Thread

This is exactly where the wheels started to come off the bus last season. Back in January
  7. What do you think of the logo now??

that . . . that right there could have been UND's logo!!! i'll take our Post Office hawk over the bird with teeth ANY day!! (great, bird teeth is the last thing i see before i go to bed)
  8. I thought those were Stride Rite's for the "mall walkers" community.
  9. Official UND Football Regime Change Thread

I strongly disagree. It’s not so much the ring itself but what it means. Not providing those for such a huge accomplishment made a bad statement. We got them for the Great West title. These guys deserved them.
  10. What do you think of the logo now??

I'm not a fan of the Angry Bird in a headdress. Zero imagination there. (at least the bird didn't have teeth . . . bird logos with teeth give me nightmares)
  11. Official UND Football Regime Change Thread

Anyone who is concerned about their kid/buddy not getting a conference championship ring needs to reevaluate their own priorities and what they are emphasizing to that kid. Seriously.
  12. Official UND Football Regime Change Thread

I agree it is cheap - I hadn't even heard of this until lately - seems to have been absolutely no push to fund them. It's time we get serious about football and demand excellence.
  13. Official UND Football Regime Change Thread

Not saying it had anything to do with the season as i believe the injuries this season were a big reason for the loses as well as the lack of play calling but the players not geting rings for last years conference championship left a sour taste in there mouths. That goes for all the players. Its bull---- that the school didnt find a way to pay, raise money or allow the players to buy the Rings. Just saying.
  14. Official UND Football Regime Change Thread

I'm less concerned with the injury issue as it is somewhat out of our control - my problem is the 1980's inflexible offense that Bubba and Rudolph have created. The total lack of adjustments and misuse of talent is coaching malpractice - someone needs to be held accountable and since Bubba seems incapable of holding anyone else accountable it falls on him.
  15. NORTH DAKOTA @ DU - SATURDAY Gameday

Any official comment by the NCHC about the officiating in that game? If not, then there doesn't seem to be much hope. That 5 major was atrocious and that no goal was questionable at best. But I must be mistaken because the conference thought it was a-ok. Denver just played a clean game except for that one penalty.
  16. Official UND Football Regime Change Thread

For the guys that are Juniors (2014 class if their redshirt was not pulled) the staff wasn't in position until January. As somebody pointed out on another thread, the 2014 class was a killer for ILB. We had none of them contribute in 2017, Bakker would have if he didn't have to retire. Hard to fault the staff for not getting an all the way around good recruiting class for 2014 when they didn't start until January, I can't fully blame them for the 2014 ILB guys that were recruited. Would you admit that this was at least a little bit out of their control.....that there isn't more/better depth in what would have been the junior class this past year given that they had 30 days to put that class together? I will give you that they should have brought in a transfer or two at ILB to try to make up for the lack of depth. Not sure if they tried and just couldn't land any, or if they didn't try.
  17. Official UND Football Regime Change Thread

I agree there was a lack of depth. But do you believe NDSU could have played freshman and sophomores and won like they did? I don’t think so. I’m not sure UND players don’t have the talent, but I think a fair question is why some of the starters came to the program and haven’t added significant bulk in their one or two years here. Can’t play LBs at 205 lbs....?
  18. 2017-18 Season

#8 Kentucky beats Troy by 8 tonight
  19. Bob Stitt out at Montana

Hense the word were. That game was tight for a while which is a complete joke if you look at our first half offense.
  20. Bob Stitt out at Montana

Tell me how the 1st half went, then. I don't think you watched. Our D forced 3 turnovers and if we had a shred of offense, Studsrud or Zimmer, we lead the game by at least 14. Get it now?
  21. Bob Stitt out at Montana

Yup........I have season tickets. I sat thru a few of those s*** shows. I know UND was absolutely atrocious. BTW a 41-17 loss hardly counts as "were right with them" IMO.
  22. Bring Back the Interlocking ND

My understanding. Notre Dame trademarked it. UND was able to prove that we used it first based on some documents we found in Chester Fritz library. Both schools came to an agreement. Notre Dame can use the interlocking ND by itself on any merchandise sold on campus Notre Dame must include Notre Dame, Fighting Irish or Irish along with the interlocking ND on any merchandise sold off campus. UND must include Fighting Hawks or North Dakota on any merchandise sold with interlocking ND regardless of where it is sold.
  23. Bob Stitt out at Montana

Did you read the very next sentence after the one you bolded?
  24. Bob Stitt out at Montana

Not a whole lot of good teams in the Big Sky this year. Their d was terrible.
  25. Bob Stitt out at Montana

Not disagreeing but my math still shows 7-4 >>> 3-8. Montana fired a coach at 7-4 with a winning percentage of .667 while he was there. ......... different expectations at different schools lead to different decisions.
  26. What do you think of the logo now??

Worst logo anyone ever did. Birds have their own feathers. Only birds that look like they’re strung out on meth would wear feathers on top of their feathers.
  1. Load more activity