SiouxSports.com Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. COMMITTED Sioux Recruits

I'm going to have to disagree. He'll be playing in the USHL this year and potentially a few years. He's going to learn and develop a lot. He wouldn't be participating in this --https://www.nhl.com/news/all-american-prospects-game-roster/c-291167714?tid=282288346 if he wasn't andy good. In addition, he'll be a lot better than some current GF kids on UND now. No question.
  3. Today
  4. Moving On To The Bobcats

Like I said in another post. I'm going to assume this was just an anomaly. If it happens again, it should raise a bunch of eyebrows though.
  5. Moving On To The Bobcats

I was also at the game and agree there did not appear from body language or actions to be much inspiration among the UND players. Someone else mentioned that the play early in the game in the USD redzone when UND had the ball on a 3rd and one but couldn't get a play off was very telling. Those were my exact thoughts at the time, as I raised my arms palms up and whispered WTF.
  6. Moving On To The Bobcats

Had a front row seat. I was surprised at the lack of positive emotion. I was even more surprised they played the second half emotionally the same way. You can get your butt handed to you and still look good. Just my opinion. I do think this team will never let this happen again.
  7. Moving On To The Bobcats

I was at the game and didn't see anything out of the ordinary or anything that would have depicted a lack of effort or leadership - obviously when you are getting the !@#$ kicked out of you the sidelines are going to be a little quiet. Doesn't mean there weren't conversations or leadership happening.
  8. Moving On To The Bobcats

That's discouraging. Someone, doesn't have to only be one, needs to step up and be the asshole. Get in peoples' faces and piss them off. Being a nice guy off the field is good but being a nice guy on the field will get you steamrolled.
  9. Bobcat Look-A-Likes

Maybe some day he'll be 7' and 400lbs like Hodor
  10. Moving On To The Bobcats

Was at the game and didnt really see anyone that was trying to get everyone else going, more so a lot of dejected and tired guys out there. After last year we should have known they were going to come out and try to punch us right in the face and we still didnt look ready for it. I think how we react to this game and play Saturday will be more telling of this team than last week. These are just my opinions and I obviously could have missed something.
  11. COMMITTED Sioux Recruits

Don't get me wrong, because I'm always excited to get more local kids on the squad...but I just don't see it with Costello. I watched him struggle to create offense in several North Dakota High School hockey games. I watched him go scoreless against Devils Lake and I watched him get absolutely worked by Grant Johnson and the entire central team the first game they played last year. I had to look at the roster sheet several times throughout both games to even figure out which guy he was...which usually isn't a good sign. I see he has the size and good skills for his size, but there must be some potential that I'm not seeing. If I had to guess, I'd say he'll be a dud, if he even makes it to UND at all. I definitely see the potential in guys like Caulfield and Hain, so I don't think my scouting eye is that far off, is it? Anyone agree? I also see why there wasn't much interest in Grant Johnson. He's obviously small, but more importantly it seems he has topped out or peaked already. His playing style and skills fit in perfectly to be a dominant HS hockey player, but I don't see him transitioning to college very well.
  12. Moving On To The Bobcats

I am in partial agreement with you. But it is important to note that it isn't really the loss to a good team in a tough environment that bothers people; it's the manner in which it occurred. Losing 45-7 is something people thought was in the past.
  13. Moving On To The Bobcats

Well it must be a good sign that the "On the ledge" mentally that permeates hockey after a bad loss has come to some of the football fans.
  14. Gopher ticket price predictions

It is through Ticketmaster. You just have to make sure the resale option is checked. I just logged on for Friday nights game and it showed me all the tickets that are for sale. Siouxhockey5
  15. Moving On To The Bobcats

It's time to let the Moose Loose again this weekend....... MOOSE GETS LOOSE AGAINST BOBCATS In two career games against Montana State, junior running back Brady Oliveira has rushed for 338 yards and three touchdowns. The Winnipeg, Manitoba native is averaging 9.9 ypc and has two of his six career 100-yard rushing games against the Bobcats. As a freshman, Oliveira rushed for a career-high 171 yards in a 44-38 win over MSU and he added 167 yards and a 60-yard, fourth-quarter touchdown in last year’s 17-15 win in Bozeman.
  16. Moving On To The Bobcats

South Dakota is not 38 points better than UND. That is the most discouraging thing; UND lost due to a lack of effort, focus, and leadership (the very things Bubba said his teams would always exhibit). The leaders of UND football, including the coaches and team captains, need to step up. They backed down against USD. Winning teams with a winner's mentality do not allow such games to get out of hand like that. I don't see this year ending with much of a record above 0.500 if something doesn't change from an intangible perspective. Very disappointing ...
  17. COMMITTED Sioux Recruits

Mishmash is dang close too.
  18. Bobcat Look-A-Likes

Ha, these are great. It's pretty funny to be a mini anything at 6'6 260, and he is only a freshman, has been injured, so he doesn't even have a full year in the strength program.
  19. 2017-2018 College Hockey (Non-UND Hockey)

It will be interesting to see how their NBC deal and the BTN coexist.
  20. 2017-2018 College Hockey (Non-UND Hockey)

I can't. Regionally, it makes sense. Plus, those schools are football-crazy and Notre Dame fits right in with Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, and Penn State. This is one instance where the B1G made the right move.
  21. Moving On To The Bobcats

The Bobcats lost to Chadron State at home 35-24, UC Davis 45-0 (owe), and EWU 19-10 in 2005 and still made the playoffs. We beat Colorado, lost those 3 games in a row all at home, then won 6 of our next 7 and somehow made the playoffs and beat Furman in a 1st round home game. This was in 2005 before the field expanded to 24. So certainly all is not lost. That being said, I'm looking for a strong showing from my Bobcats. Our defensive strong suit is against the run, and our passing defense has improved a little bit although we still lack a solid pass rush. If we can contain the two headed monster that is the UND backfield, and give our offense some chances to move the ball, I like our chances. It remains to be seen whether that 2nd half showing against SDSU was truly a coming out party for QB Chris Murray, or was SDSU just off and we took them by surprise. One thing is for certain, the Cats need to find a running game outside of Murray. I expect you'll see a fair amount of Troy Andersen, a 6'3 220 freshman who runs a 10.88 100 meter. He had a few nice runs against Washington State but suffered a bit of a sprain and only played 1 snap as far as I can remember against SDSU. He is fully healthy, but he isn't going to get double digit carries or anything. We are still trying to see who can run the ball, so far no one has separated themselves. Our OLine is simply not creating holes, and teams stuff the box to try and force Murray to pass. Now that Murray may have finally found a passing game, it will be interested to see how that affects opposing team's defensive schemes, and if that opens up our running game at all.
  22. Need 1 for Manitoba

PM me if you have anything.
  23. UND Fans in Las Vegas - UND vs MSU

UND fans in or visiting Las Vegas: Join us Saturday, September 23 at Buffalo Wild Wings, 4280 S. Hualapai in southwest Las Vegas to watch the game. Montana State has a private room at B-Dubs and Fighting Hawks fans are welcome to join us any time. Game time is 12:30 PM Pacific Daylight Time.
  24. Moving On To The Bobcats

Tough to tell from TV but I didn't see anyone that looked pissed off and I didn't see anyone chew ass on the sideline against USD. Can anyone who was at the game confirm? Obviously we don't know what was said in the locker room at halftime but the way the team was playing someone should have stepped in after the first two series to wake everyone up.
  25. Moving On To The Bobcats

That is one of the responsibilities of the team Captains and Seniors. We should never be beaten because of lack of effort. We aren't good enough to have the mental errors and penalties we had last week. Yes the coaches need to prepare the players but the Captains are interacting with teammates on and off of the field and need to be part of the solution in getting the team ready. If we aren't ready to play we will struggle no matter who we have on the field.
  26. University of North Dakota Hockey 2017-18 Season

I think we can find someone to pass up open shots on the break like Brock was doing vs BU ;-)
  27. University of North Dakota Hockey 2017-18 Season

Didn't catch that the first time around, thought you were down on Peski, but now that I see your reference it rang a bell for me as well.
  1. Load more activity