SiouxSports.com Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Prospective Sioux Recruits

I don't exactly call Tony Hrkac and Greg Johnson watered down. There are many players that you heard about that would be the next coming at UND, meaning they would be difference makers from the start, and if you don't call guys like that blue chippers then guys like Gino and Dean didn't have many blue chip recruits. Like I said, by the 1st round definition, guys like Jonathan Toews wasn't a blue chip recruit coming into college because he hadn't been drafted, ditto Paul Kariya. They probably would have been drafted high anyway, but a lot of guys fall quite a bit in a year, and a lot of guys improve a lot in a year. I am sure both Toews and Kariya improved their draft status with their outstanding rookie seasons. With guys like Hrkac, Johnson, Troy Murray and Jason Blake (even though he transfered), there was so much buzz surrounding their freshman year that it is hard to consider them anything but blue chip, especially when you rarely had first round picks in college years ago.
  3. Prospective Sioux Recruits

Let's just say third rounders can also be blue chippahs while we're at it!
  4. Today
  5. Prospective Sioux Recruits

You know it’s going to be a long summer when you read page after page of what the definition of a blue chipper is.
  6. Prospective Sioux Recruits

Apparently some prefer a more watered down definition of blue chipper....
  7. Former UND Student Jamie Grant

Jamie was a friend of mine and an amazing person. The trial is supposed to start in mid June I believe but I think I heard the defense asked for a change of venue.
  8. Prospective Sioux Recruits

When fanbases evaluate recruiting classes and players for college, you have to remove players who are international or playing in the CHL (OHL, WHL, QMJHL) . They aren't eligible to play college at that point (especially in CHL case), thus, leaving the NCAA with 6-8 players in the first round. That's why soley basing a definition on the first round is way too specific.
  9. Prospective Sioux Recruits

The top 12-14 players that are NCAA eligble pushes into the second round easily. Again, the narrow minded definition of "blue chippers" that they aren't second rounders is short sighted. Our program IS there. We land nearly every year top 12-14 NCAA bound players. Ranging from the first and second round.
  10. Prospective Sioux Recruits

? Says who? No recruiting site that I've seen define s them like this. Like that gives perfect validation based SOLELY on being one of the first 31 players taken. Again, only 6-8 players that are college eligible get taken in the first round. Typically UND gets their hands on one or two. This year we have two that could go in the first to early second. To not call them "big chip" would be ridiculous if they went 32 or 40th overall. Zero logic in that.
  11. 2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs

About Vegas' on ice show. https://www.nhl.com/goldenknights/news/the-story-behind-the-golden-knights-pregame-theatrics/c-298777420
  12. Former UND Student Jamie Grant

Anyone have more information on this unfortunate incident? Jamie was killed after being punched outside a Fargo bar last year and hitting his head when he fell. It was all over the news initially, but the last I heard the guy that did this had posted bail and that was right after it happened. Was there ever a trial? Did this guy go to jail? Here's a link to one of the initial stories from the GF Herald. http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/4279030-loved-ones-pay-tribute-man-who-died-following-downtown-fargo-assault
  13. Kennedy vs. Engelstad Foundation: GF herald feature

Good Lord, They them then they there they them than, who??? What does a proper sentence look like in your world? You need to realize that "your personal interpretation" of what you think the agreement says, is not a quality rock to build an argument or opinion on. You have built in assumptions that pervert your view of the subject and are incapable of understanding the actual fact that those involved obviously donot share your perverted interpretation of.
  14. Kennedy vs. Engelstad Foundation: GF herald feature

This thread reminds me of something...
  15. Destination hockey

Don’t think they would want to change the format unless the league pushes them, as it is a recruiting benefit to having destination games.
  16. Destination hockey

You'd think College Hockey Inc. would jump at these opportunities that UND works to do.
  17. Destination hockey

NCHC could get two UND and lets say Denver to play Minnesota and Wisconsin at one of these destination games. Then just have the teams switch the next day.
  18. Kennedy vs. Engelstad Foundation: GF herald feature

That's your opinion. Your ability to articulate it surely leaves something to be desired. I personally know several people who have started to taste "chicken salad" after a year of time to digest the reality of the logo and nickname. And, once again, the fact such a divide regarding the nickname/logo even exists is detrimental to UND athletics in general. It's a fight that takes valuable energy away from potentially more focused, unified goals and accomplishments.
  19. Destination hockey

Involved, as in playing? The only way I see that happening is if they play a tournament type setting with UND guaranteed to play a big name school.
  20. Destination hockey

Lumberdome in mid January hosting BC. They can stay in Rugby.
  21. Kennedy vs. Engelstad Foundation: GF herald feature

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/education/3768806-staking-claim-name-und-nickname-options-include-local-high-school-mascot How about this one?
  22. Kennedy vs. Engelstad Foundation: GF herald feature

Probly still wouldn’t help
  23. What do you think of the logo now??

Well if the tags are still on then he was probably going to return it.
  24. Kennedy vs. Engelstad Foundation: GF herald feature

Maybe this was one of the logos rejected by Schafer.
  1. Load more activity