Grand Master

Grand Master (14/14)

• Conversation Starter Rare
  • Reacting Well Rare
  • First Post
  • Posting Machine Rare
  • Collaborator

Recent Badges

1. I'll bet Hennessy will have fun trying to pronounce that name!
  2. What are we talking about? Losing that mental edge after clinching the Penrose Cup. The letdown that happens after an emotional weekend sweeping Western Michigan and celebrating with the hometown fans. It's like the team was emotionally and mentally wiped after that. They went 2-4 after clinching the NCHC regular season title, with both wins against one of worst teams in the short history of the NCHC. An old adage is that "80% of sports is from the neck up". Some people would say "that's just not true", but I think it is. Talent alone isn't enough. Or we can just tell Jordan Schmaltz that he doesn't know what he is talking about and pretend that everything is fine.
  3. Green banners are what people remember in the long run. Whether or not that is healthy or positive is debatable. What is not debatable is that a program's national reputation and profile is closely linked to winning NCAA titles. When Denver wins 3 titles and we cannot even make the national semifinals during the same time period, that is detrimental to our program. Bemidji State was thrilled winning the McNaughton Cup. Michigan Tech was thrilled winning the CCHA autobid. UND's ambitions and expectations are and should be much higher.
  4. I am looking forward to hearing what other people think.
  5. Hey junior, when you talk about me, address the comment to me. And I am a proud cat owner. What's it to you, anyway? Now let's get back on topic.
  6. Nothing simple about it. But that's the challenge for the coaching staff.
  7. Yep. The problem is from the neck up. They'll have another talented roster next year, but can they develop the mindset needed to win at the end of the year?
  8. I think the point is that it would be difficult if we lose guys early, but other teams don't. But I agree with you; we have to have the mentality that we can beat anybody if we show up and play a full 60 minutes.
  9. The forum on May 7th is a must-attend for those who can make it.
  10. If you want to turn around an airport that is underperforming, you have to have a positive, confident attitude. You probably think GFK should just shut down.
  11. I have said my piece on the topic of NCAA titles and playoff flameouts. I am done. But I don't see how stating facts (albeit uncomfortable and negative facts) qualifies as a "12 y/o drama queen approach". I think we'll have a good team next year and I think the coaching staff will do fine with portal additions like they did in 2023-2024. But we have to get back to old fashioned UND playoff hockey. The continued success of our program depends (in part) on it.
  12. I will renew both my football and hockey tickets as usual. But I think pre-paying for playoff tickets is not a good idea.
  13. I don't understand players moving around like this. Kind of like throwing darts at a board.