• Last visited

• Days Won

About siouxfan512

• Birthday 05/12/1985

Profile Information

Recent Profile Visitors

8,891 profile views

siouxfan512's Achievements

1. C'mon now, its a simple formula .... recruit grindaz (you want the right players, not the best ones), bag skate the team, threaten to replace a guy and flip an equipment table in the locker room. You'll motivate them to win a championship or maybe even the Olympics!
  2. I have to imagine it'll be pretty green in there. Nice for our team. If they are going to play in MO, it helps to have fans. I'm sure there will be some Michigan fans, not sure how well Western or State travel for hockey. It would be really nice to own the state of Michigan by Sunday.
  3. Get Heinert involved with this. Let him and Starman do a game. Heinert will come in far more prepared and educated than half of these guys.
  4. Yeah, I wasn't talking in comparison to other schools, more in general. Everyone knows UND isn't competitive in the salary market for football. The implication was not that Bubba is overpaid, but that his performance has hardly warranted multiple extensions. Let's be honest, regardless of what anyone feels a head football coach should be paid, $250-$300k a year is a damn nice life when you're living in Grand Forks.
  5. Always someone to pick apart a comment.... Mrs. Schweigert I presume? Maybe I should have used the term underperform?!? I'm sure Bubba "works hard" to a point, but for a guy that supposedly know defense, it has been lacking big time, and he doesn't seem to be concerned with making any sort of changes to improve it. Undersized and underskilled year after year after year. Regardless of the "working hard" piece, the point of the comment was that he has been making nice money, will continue to make nice money, and we are going to be stuck without much of a buyout option even if the guy completely tanks over the next couple years. Bubba's body of work speaks for itself, but this contract is a reflection of Chaves lack of awareness.
  6. Well, I scanned the article, and so much for negotiation ... 2024: $255k 2025: $265k 2026 (Ext): $275k 2027 (Ext): $285k *Buyout portion of the contract remains UNCHANGED! If fired without cause, Bubba receives 100% of the base salary for the first 24 months. 75% of his base salary for months 25-36, and 50% of his base salary for months 37-48. Bill is pathetic. It must be nice to be able to make the kind of money these guys are making without actually having to show results. Now take my next comment as it is intended ... Bill's only saving grace as AD is that he still has a very successful hockey program to fall back on. That being said, I don't understand that complete lack of awareness around Football. To be honest, I don't think he actually has had to do much for hockey ... that well oiled machine kind of runs itself, but he will be sure to take credit for that. Bubba apart from taking us up a notch after Muss, has really done nothing to warrant the last two extensions. Maybe if I stop working so hard at my job, I'll get rewarded too! ... but I doubt it
  7. I'd really be interested to know the terms of the extension, though I'm sure that would be even more disappointed. If Chaves was smart at all, he should have lowballed Bubba and included a simple buyout, and Bubba would still be getting a heck of a deal. What's Bubba going to do at this point in his career and this time of year? Walk away from the program? Is that was a "nice guy" would do? He would have begrudgingly taken some extra money as he rode off into the sunset. Program would have kept some degree of continuity for the upcoming season and the players, forced Bubba to produce on the field, and if he couldn't we would have bought ourselves a year for a better candidate search. Its all a good ole boys club ... once you've got your membership card, you're basically a teacher that has hit tenure. Time served outweighs results achieved ..... (not taking a shot at any of you teachers out there, just a broken system that lacks accountability).
  8. I keep saying that, but can't help myself. I'll just be back to frustration and higher blood pressure in the fall.
  9. I'm not sure we are lucky enough to assume that.
  10. I haven't read the article and don't like this at all, but can't say I am all that surprised. I'd be less frustrated about this if I knew there was a reasonable buyout negotiated in the process. I do wonder if there was a committee put in place to review and make the decision. Barring a miracle, I think we will all be voicing our frustrations by the end of next season to the tune of "We extended this guy? AGAIN?!?!?". I think our offense will do just fine, and there are some new kids I'm really looking to see get more playing time. But what has been done to really improve our defense from this past season? Apart from the NDSU game, I watched some of the most uninspired defense play I've seen out of UND (particularly against Indiana St and Murray St). Ugh, this school!
  11. If he blows up, we'll see him in the transfer portal.
  12. I'm just following the game cast. I'll admit, I haven't followed UND basketball closely since the Crandall and Hooker days. I'm not a basketball person in general, so kind of a fair-weather fan, but the opportunity to win this game reminds me of when UND beat Weber. Hope they can pull it off!
  13. Why are these games not on ESPN+ ? Is that new this year?
  14. Luck can certainly factor in, even when you are doing everything right .... so can hot goalies. Not sure what else UND could have done when playing against Michigan and Shawn Hunwick. That being said, I'll take the result if the boy show up and absolutely dominate the play. More often than not, if you dominate the game, you're going to win. But we have certainly seen that go the other way too.
  15. Of course. This team is absolutely capable of winning the Nat'l Championship. Just depends on if they show up. I'll cut them some slack for not showing up in Colorado Spring after the off week. The overall product completely outweighs 1 bad weekend, especially given how they bounced back against the dawgs. This weekend will be pretty key against a program that is always though at home, I expect to see more dominance. - Would love to see more of Dylan James flashing his speed. That needs to be a constant threat. - Not that I love relying on transfers, even though we had so many this year, but as a Prior Lake guy, I would have loved to have seen Alex Bump in a UND sweater. - Keep it rolling after last weekend! Head into the playoffs hot and don't look back! Win the pasta dish!